Just some ramblings about my journey to a healthier, more active and smaller version of myself...

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

An Intro, Yo...

FYI - My eldest daughter would be mortified by my title. That brings me just a smidge of joy. Is that wrong?

I have another blog that is sort of the catch all, but I really want to devote it to my kids and family life. This one will be dedicated to my weight loss efforts. I've been with Weight Watchers off and on since April 20, 2009. The two breaks I took were not intentional, they were due to pure circumstance. My husband and I had not become pregnant (well, he never did) since the birth of our son, nearly five years ago. I sometimes wonder if my weight had something to do with it. The reason I say this is that I became pregnant twice in the past year after having lost nearly 40 and over 50 pounds. The first time, we miscarried at 13 weeks. The second time at 16 weeks. It was hard emotionally, but I was able to get right back on track with WW both times. The first time, I had only gained a half a pound at my first weigh in after the miscarriage. This time, however, I had gained 12. EEP!

I started off weighing 241.4. That's a pretty scary number. I was losing quickly at first, and now I'm not, but that's okay. What's that old addage about weight loss being a marathon and not a sprint? As of my last weigh in, I weigh 195.6. I have another weigh in this evening, so I'll update then. Okay, I'll probably update tomorrow, because Tuesdays are super duper busy.

So, I'll see you then. For now, I'm off to format the bloggity blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment