Just some ramblings about my journey to a healthier, more active and smaller version of myself...

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Updates and Ponderings...

I will admit that the reason I started WW... The reason I've started any weight loss plan... It was simply vanity. I was tired of being fat. I mean, I've always been a little overweight. Nothing that would put my health in danger until I had my last child and I had become much more sedentary. Usually, I would try to limit my carbs. It seemed like the best deal. I still believe it's a very healthy way of eating if done right. (Not consuming all the processed stuff laden with genetically modified soy proteins.) The thing is that I'd cave and have something carby, and give up. I started Weight Watchers even though I'd sort of dogged on it for many years. Low fat is crud. Meh. I was desperate. I was hoping that being accountable to my pocketbook and having to weigh in every week would motivate me.

It turns out that was just what I needed. I was not about to be embarrassed every week by a bad weigh in. Pride, for the win!!! Usually, I would not be satisfied by 2-3 pound losses per week (which is fabulous, I've simply been a sucker for a quick fix, and they don't exist). Over time, it felt really good. Then I realized that I was physically feeling better. I wasn't having trouble breathing when I would lie down. YAY!

I've been with them on and off for a year now. Granted, I never lapsed. I never skipped a meeting. The most that ever happened would be that I'd have to miss a meeting, and then I'd find another the next day. I was great about that. However, as I've mentioned previously, I got pregnant twice, and miscarried both times. The bad thing was that I kinda went crazy while pregnant with the eating. EEP!

Each time I've restarted, the losses have been a tad slower. This time, my pride is taking over again. That, plus my love of stupid gadgetry. The RoadRunner GPS program has made me want to get out and walk and run. Best $5 investment ever. And I've had my biggest weekly loss to date this go 'round. 2 pounds last week. It brings me down to 192.4, which is 6.4 pounds down this month, and 49 pounds less than I weighed a year ago. This is a good thing.

However, the best thing is that I'm really focused on health now. I want to be healthy. I want to be able to run. For the record, I stink at running. I have to go pick up a book recommended to me by a woman who runs regularly now, and has also lost a significant amount of weight. The book is Chi Running. Hopefully, it will help.

I will still do some regular workouts. My legs are super sore, so I might just do some upper body work. I want to give my kids a run (PUNNY! ROFL!) for their money in the energy department.

No comments:

Post a Comment