Just some ramblings about my journey to a healthier, more active and smaller version of myself...

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Workin' it Out...

I want to be a runner. I do. To be honest, it's not some great passion I have, it's just that I've never been able to run very far. Not even when I was going to aerobics, step and boot camp classes daily. And they were a breeze. I can walk forever. Running though? Ugh. I stink at it.

I thought I would start out doing the Couch to 5K plan. However, during the first week, you're running 90 seconds, followed by walking 2 minutes (then rinse, wash and repeat for about half an hour). I'm ashamed to say that I'm not quite running 90 seconds. I can, and I have, but I'm just so out of shape right now. I seemed to poop out (without looking at the timer) at around 1 minute 15 seconds. So, I think I'm just going to keep at it for a few weeks until I'm ready to start the C25K. I will do it.

Either way, I got 4 miles in today, walking at a 3.5mph pace. I also have a Crunch DVD from the library... Fat Burning Ab Attack, to be exact. I think I'll give it a try tomorrow, to take a break from walking. We have a great library system in my city, and it's even tied to a neighboring city's library. I can find nearly any workout DVD I want. Granted, I have a couple of Jillian Michaels' DVDs on hold, and there are lots of patrons who are going to get a copy before I do, even though they have multiple copies. But hey, it's free. From what I've heard about the 30 Day Shred DVD, it's pretty brutal, so maybe I need to increase my fitness level a bit.

I feel pretty great, though. I always do after working out. It's not that I don't like exercise. I love it. I just let so many minor obstacles get in my way. I can't workout in front of my husband or kids!!! I don't have any kid-free time to go walk. Really? Those are lame. If I really want to change my body and my fitness level, I have to work at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment